Tokyo, Japan - Nov 26, 2013 – Morpho, Inc., a global leader in software image processing solutions for mobile devices, today announced that it started providing its remote monitoring service application “Rusuban Cam™” at App Store.
About ”Rusuban Cam”
As people’s awareness for personal security increases, more demand for services such as remote home monitoring, pets/kids monitoring, and overseeing elderly living alone is expected. “Rusuban Cam™” released by Morpho fulfills these demands easily with smartphones and tablets. Conventional monitoring services often requires specialized camera and equipment whereas “Rusuban Cam™,” powered by Morpho’s imaging technology, offers similar service simply with smartphones. If there are tablets or unused smartphones sitting at home, they can be utilized as a camera. The images captured by these devices are available for viewing from users’ smartphones to perform
remote monitoring. “Rusuban Cam™” offers two capture modes; scheduled capture and motion detect capture which takes advantage of Morpho’s motion detection technology. Captured images are uploaded instantly for viewing from other smartphones. The images are displayed in a timeline-format so users can remotely monitor how their kids, pets and elders who they care about are doing.
- Low cost: This service starts out as a free service. Although it is planned to evolve into a paid service in Feb. 2014, we plan to offer at a low price and keep the quality at its best.
- Assured privacy: Instead of password, access between capture device and viewing devices are enabled with QR code. Who can view the images is managed by member
list to ensure privacy.
- Easy set-up: No hassle of dealing with network setting required for conventional monitoring devices. It is simple as setting up a smartphone app.
■ How to use
1. Install “Rusuban Cam™” to a smartphone which user regularly uses (viewing device) and to a tablet or unused smartphone (capture device) to be used as a camera. The platform of the devices used for viewing and capturing can be a mix of Android™ and iOS.
2. Perform initial settings for each device; viewing device to “View mode” and capture device to “Capture Mode”.
3. Place the smartphone or tablet used as a camera (capture device) to where monitoring is to be performed.
[Application Name] “Rusuban Cam™”
[Supported OS] iOS 5.1 or above (Support for Android™ version will be available in Dec. 2013)
[Price] Free until Feb. 2014 (Will be a charged app after Feb. 2014. Price is TBD.)
[Availabe at] App Store
*”Rusuban Cam” is a trademark of Morpho, Inc.
*”App Store” is a trademark of Apple Inc.
*”QR code” is a registered trademark of DENSO WAVE INCORPORATED
*”Android” is a trademark of Google Inc.
About Morpho, Inc.:
Established in 2004, Morpho, Inc. has built substantial brand recognition in the field of software image processing for mobile devices. Customers utilizing Morpho, Inc.’s software technologies include carriers, processing platform providers and mobile device manufacturers making the company a global player in mobile imaging. For more information visit http://www.morphoinc.com/en/ or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.